Thursday, February 2, 2017

Instagram Novel Project

I love Instagram.

It's just telling your story in pictures.

I also love stories.

So I started thinking about how I could combine the two....and the Instagram Novel Project was born!

During the reading process, I'm super big on visualizing while we read. So many of my students struggle with this concept!

The idea of the Instagram project is to get them thinking about what the story looks and fees like as we read. 

How it works...
1. I put them into groups of 3 or 4 for the duration of the novel.

2. As we read a chapter or selection, the students are jotting down the BIG THINGS that happen (central idea!)

3. The group picks one important scene from the chapter to recreate and take a picture of. I let them bring their own devices.  It just made it easier.  If this is not an option, you can always use the school iPads.


4. They then create hashtags, comments from other characters (inferring), and captions.

That's it!

It's super easy, fun, and engaging!

If you would like the project outline, rubric, and student planning sheets, they are available on my TpT store!  Just click the picture below!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Instagram-Novel-Project-2993723


Happy Teaching,

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© It's Always Sunny in Room 3. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.