Sunday, October 6, 2013

Budding Blog Linky Party

Jess at I {heart} Recess is hosting a great little budding blog linky party!  How fun is that!?!  Since this party is for those little blogs that have 200 followers or less, I think I qualify!  Although, I do love my 3 awesome followers!!   I might be a little late to the game...but I'm totally doing it!

1. Why did you start blogging?
 
Truthfully, I started blogging so I could hold myself accountable.  I had a feeling that I wasn't be the best teacher I could be...that maybe I was letting my creative juices dry up or something.  Also, all the negative talk surrounding education was starting to get to me and bring me down!  I NEEDED some positive creativity and WANTED to share that positive with other teachers.  


2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
 
I LOVE language arts.  I LOVE getting kids to find that just right book that sparks a lifelong love of reading.  I LOVE when students come into the classroom on the first day and say, "I hate reading!" They are my personal challenge!!  I'm learning to love the other side of LA too {grammar..ahhhh!}


3. Describe your teaching style.
Wide open, loud, creative, and fun.  This year I am all about my own personal version of the flipped classroom where students are discovering meaning on their own through my guided lessons and taking responsibility for their learning.  We will see if it all works out in the end....but right now I love it!  Is anyone else doing a flipped classroom {<----- click here for more info on flipped classrooms} concept?


4. Give three interesting facts about you.
1.  I love all things cheese...pepper jack cheese, provolone cheese, cheesy movies, cheesy books, cheesy boy bands of the '90s!
2.   Because I love cheese, I run.  A lot.  I'm not sure if I love running, but I do it so the cheese doesn't overtake my body.
3.  I have dreams of being a back up hip hop dancer.   I have absolutely no talent {as told to me by a very embarrassed husband a time or two at weddings}  and have never taken a dance class {thanks, mom}, BUT I would still love to do it.  I watch movies like Step Up and think, "I could sooooo do that!"
 
5. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)
YES!  How else would I pay for my collection of '90s boy band music?!?
Happy Teaching,

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© It's Always Sunny in Room 3. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.