Friday, August 9, 2013

First Day Getting to Know You Activity

To me, before I teach procedures & expectations, it is vital I learn the names of ALL of my students.

It's priority one for me...I want them to know how important they are to me!

The challenge in this is that I am super bad with name. Like, really awful! I had to come up with some way to make connections soooo....I came up with this great opening day activity!

To begin with I let them sit anywhere they want (gasp!).

I have a cute welcome presentation with instructions on the Smartboard.
First Day Presentation


They pick two pipe cleaners from the middle of the table and shape it into some sort of person, animal, or object.

They are then required to think of a name, personality, and favorite activity of their pipe cleaner creation.

 As I check roll, they share their creation with the class.

I can then put an image, face, and personality with a name.

It totally helps!!

 And....

 It's fun!

The super cute presentation is available on my Teachers pay Teachers store! 


Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Homeschooler - TeachersPayTeachers.com




Post a Comment

On Instagram

© It's Always Sunny in Room 3. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.