Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Joys of Grammar

Is anyone else super surprised how students come into middle school without knowing parts of speech?

I know the elementary school teachers are teaching it...for some reason it just doesn't stick in their minds.

So...before I can teach simple, compound, complex, compound complex sentences I have to review parts of speech.

Secret time:  It is one of my least favorite things to teach.  That being said, I try to make it as fun & entertaining as possible.

I made this awesome powerpoint that is sure to excite my lovely seventh graders.  Right??



I will teach it over to course of a week with some fun games thrown in to keep them engaged {hopefully!}

Once I think of these
fabulous
world changing
make grammar stick in their head games
I will let you know!

Happy teaching,



Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Homeschooler - TeachersPayTeachers.com

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© It's Always Sunny in Room 3. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.