Saturday, January 7, 2017

Free Tool to Create Dramatic Increases in Reading

My Co-Teacher told me at the beginning of the year about this amazing program that meets kids where they are, and works to raise their reading level gradually through online passages and quizzes. 

www.readtheory.org

First, you set up your classes and create a class code.

Second, give your students their unique log in (created by readtheory.org and have them log in to take their pre-test. This pretest will determine their grade and lexile level based on their performance.

Third, give them about 10-15 minutes a day to complete their quizzes.  The quizzes are short, but challenging.  They gradually work to increase their grade level competency. 

Fourth, log in to your teacher dashboard to see how your students are doing as a group and individually.

Examples from My Class
 (Yes, I teach 7th grade. Yes, they are on a 3rd grade level)
Class Information at a Glance

The Yellow Triangles Represent their Pretest Level (I think some parents helped when it was done at home.  We now do it in class, which explains some of the drops in performance.)

Lexile Levels

What I need to focus on in the Common Core

I absolutely love it!

And to be honest, I can't believe it's FREE!!

Hope this helps!


Happy Teaching,



Post a Comment

On Instagram

© It's Always Sunny in Room 3. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.