Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Identifying Poetry Types Activity

I don't know how it's possible, but I JUST started using Google Forms this year.

I know, I know....I'm about 3.5 years behind the times on this one.

Even though I'm late to the party, I'm in the middle of the dance floor. All of my quizzes and tests have been moved to Google Forms, and in turn, I have saved years of my life!! No more grading multiple choice items for me!

Anyway, this post is not about amazingness of Google Forms.

It's about how I use Google Forms and QR Codes for a fun poetry type review activity.

1st: I show them this pretty cool Prezi I made on Poetry Types and have them create a foldable based on the info in the Prezi.



2nd: I print of examples of each type of poem and attach a QR code to the back of it.





3rd: The students work in groups to read the poem, scan the code (that links them to a Google Form) and answer the question about what type of poem it is.





4th: I check the results in Google Forms to see what types of poetry I need to focus on.

It's a great little activity to make sure students understand the different types of poems based on their characteristics.

If you would like this activity, CLICK HERE! Includes Prezi, Foldable, Poems, Instructions on how to develop Google Form and QR Codes.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Identifying-Poetry-Types-Activity-2966145



 Happy Teaching,




Post a Comment

On Instagram

© It's Always Sunny in Room 3. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.